- 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. (10⅝ oz.) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 12 tbsp. (¾ cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
- 1 cup (7 oz.) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (3½ oz.) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick mat.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined (do not overmix!) Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop out cookie dough with a medium cookie scooper or approx. less than half a cup. Roughly create balls – no need to be too perfect! Place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 14-16 minutes). Do not overbake.
- Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)