- FOR THE GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CRUST
- ½ cup (2 ounces) sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup (1¼ ounces) oat flour
- ⅓ cup (1¾ ounces) sweet white rice flour (such as Mochiko)
- ⅓ cup (1 ounce) dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¼ cup (1¾ ounces) sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (1½ ounces) cold, unsalted butter, in ½” dice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE WHIPPED CHEVRE
- 3 ounces crumbled, soft, fresh goat cheese (about ¾ cup)
- ¾ cup (6 ounces) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- seeds from ½ a vanilla bean
- FOR THE STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING
- 1 quart (about 2 pounds) fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice of ½ lemon
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING. Wash and remove the tops off of the strawberries. Chop half of the strawberries into small pieces.
- Place chopped berries in a saucepan over medium heat. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl and add add to the chopped berries. Add lemon juice and continue cooking on low for about 10 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- Cut remaining strawberries in halves and add to the strawberry pie filling. Cool to room temperature.
- GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CRUST. Preheat oven to 350. On a baking sheet, position 6 mini tart pans. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse all ingredients until fully combined.
- Distribute the crumbs evenly. Press firmly first onto sides and then onto bottoms, making sure it is evenly spread.
- Bake the shells until dry and firm, about 15-20 minutes. Keep the crusts in the mini tart pans until ready to serve.
- GOAT CHEESE WHIPPED CREAM. Combine ingredients in a bowl and whip with a whisk until firm peaks form. Chill until ready to use.
(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today)