- MANGO FILLING
- 2½ cups of sliced mangos (about 4 small or 2 large mangoes)
- ¼ cup of sugar
- juice from half a lemon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- ALMOND CRUST
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 2½ cups almond flour/meal
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- To make the filling, puree the mangoes, sugar, lemon juice, cardamom, and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Mix the cornstarch with water. Pour the puree into a sauce pan, fold the cornstarch-water mixture in, and cook on medium high for about 10-12 minutes until mixture thickens. Whisk the mixture continuously while cooking to ensure lumps don’t form. If the mixture is still not thick enough to your liking, you can add a tablespoon of cornstarch (mixed in water) at a time until it thickens to your liking. The filling is not meant to be super thick. The texture should be slightly thinner than pudding.
- Refrigerate until cool. Once cooled, fold in the greek yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F .To make the almond crusts, mix the room temperature butter with the almond flour, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until fully combined and a dough forms,
- Press dough into mini tart pans. First press dough onto sides and then on the bottom. Poke the bottom with a fork. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes and then pop them into the oven for about 30 minutes until they have nicely browned and firmed up. Cool before assembling tarts.
- To assemble tarts, pour the mango filling into the crusts. Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving, if you can wait that long!
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)