Chicken and marinade
- 1 pound (450g) chicken tenders (or skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips)
- Juice of two limes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon crushed cashews
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- Salt and cracked black pepper
1. Grind all the spices (cumin, fennel, sesame, coriander seeds, and cashew) in a grinder or mortar. Place the lime juice, minced garlic, spice mix, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine.
2. Place the chicken, in a large salad bowl. Rub the marinade over the chicken and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Drain from the marinade and stir fry the chicken tenders in a hot skillet until golden and cooked through. Add the marinade at the end of cooking and cook for 2-5 minutes more; make sure you don’t burn the spices of the marinade, you just want them slightly caramelized.
3. While the chicken is cooking, place the cooked quinoa, cilantro, parsley and scallion in a bowl and toss to combine.
4. Serve the chicken with the herbed quinoa, sprinkle with extra sesame seeds and drizzle with extra oil to serve.