For the brussels sprouts:
- 14 ounces brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 bacon strips, chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- Prep the brussels sprouts: Add brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl and microwave until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, butter, salt, and pepper. Mix until the butter melts. Add olive oil and mix well. Set aside this mixture while you perform the next step, so that the brussels sprouts marinate in the goodness you just mixed in. If you have the time, you can let the brussels sprouts marinate up to 1 hour but it’s not necessary.
- Cook the bacon: Place bacon in a large high-sided pan over medium heat. Cook until the bacon starts to crisp, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook everything together: Add brussels sprouts to the pan and let them cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cranberries and let them get acquainted with the delicious bacon grease for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Turn off the heat and transfer everything to a colander to drain. Serve immediately with parmesan cheese.
(Visited 4,157 times, 1 visits today)