- 1 (7-8 lb.) whole turkey breast, fresh or frozen and thawed
- ½ apple, chopped into two pieces
- ½ lemon
- ½ onion
- 1 stalk celery, halved
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Salt, to taste
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse the turkey breast with cold water. Pat dry.
- Stuff turkey cavity with apple, lemon, onion, celery, rosemary, and thyme. Sprinkle salt inside the cavity.
- Place the turkey in a large shallow roasting pan lined with aluminum foil. Don’t skip the aluminum foil (it makes clean up quick and easy)!
- TO PREPARE THE GLAZE: In a small saucepan, melt butter with maple syrup over low heat. Pour maple butter glaze over turkey to coat.
- Add 1 cup water to bottom of pan.
- Roast the turkey breast for 2 – 2 ½ hours, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 175-180 degrees F. Baste with pan juices every 30 minutes.
- If any part of the turkey browns too quickly while cooking, just tent lightly with aluminum foil.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and place on a large cutting board. Tent the turkey with foil and allow it to rest for about 20 minutes before carving.
(Visited 6,152 times, 1 visits today)